Old versionsSee all
First of all, Media Boss is a piece of software only useful for Sony PSP users, so if you are not one, you don’t need to keep reading. That being said, we can continue with this review. What Media Boss does it’s pretty amazing and could be extremely useful. Basically it turns your game console into a full portable multimedia center, to enjoy all your multimedia contents anywhere you go, along with your favorite games. Pretty cool ah? This beauty will make possible to connect your PSP with your desktop or portable Windows based computer and synchronize multimedia data, so you can enjoy it from your console.
When we say multimedia data we refer to music, videos, photos, and podcasts from a wide variety of formats. Transferring information from one device to another is as simple as a drag-and-drop operation with your mouse. As you can imagine you will need a wire to connect the devices which, of course, you can buy together with the application.
Let’s summarize what you will be able to do with Media Boss in the following list:
• Move music, pictures, videos and game saves to and from your PSP with just a drag-and-drop or point-and-click.
• Subscribe to your favorite podcasts, and pull them from the Internet to your PSP.
• Maximize the number of songs, photos and videos on any PSP with free-space feedback and simple-to-use compression options.
• Pictures can be automatically rotated and sized for optimal PSP viewing.
• Organize your music on your PSP by Artist, Album or Genre.
• Many types of media are automatically converted for use on your PSP.
• Backup and restore your critical gaming progress.
• Find your media quickly with the Search feature.
• Backup and restore everything on your PSP.
• Use your PSP Memory Stick media with card readers, too.
• Use monthly color schemes, like your PSP, or make your own.
Regarding system requirements, here’s some important information for you to bear in mind. Media Boss requires a Windows XP, 2000, Me or 98SE based computer, an available USB port, and a Sony PSP with Memory Stick. Also, at a minimum, the computer must have to meet the following specifications:
• PIII 800Mhz (or equivalent),
• 256MB RAM,
• 20MB available hard drive space (temporarily more for certain operations, such as video conversion),
• Internet Explorer 5 or newer,
• 800x600 16-bit color video.
Media Boss is compatible with all Sony PSP units, regardless of country of origin or firmware revision.
- It's available for an affordable price
- It lets you to upgrade your PSP
- It's extremely easy to use
- It only works with PSP consoles
- It's available in English only
- Everytime you open it, it runs a searching process